Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Puppy has her first birthday

My dear puppy turned one today! I went and made her homemade dog food and a cute little birthday jacket. I don't really care if people think I'm crazy for doing this. And, yes all you mothers, I do realize my dog is not a baby. I do read all your clever pinterest/fb posts letting me know that raising a dog is not raising a child. But, I do not have a child so, I'm going to celebrate my puppies birthday!

I made her a meal of rice, potatoes, peas, carrots and chicken (mainly b/c I'm using those things for dinner). I figured since she has prevented me from loneliness being away from home, kept me company, and has given me nothing but unconditional love and joy she deserved to eat something other than dry dog food. My family has a tradition of using the 'you are special' red plate for birthdays and special occasions. Husband told me not to use it for the dog as she's not a person...but when he went off for work I used it anyways...shhhhh. I barely got a photo of her as she went to TOWN on it.

I've been making tons of little girl dresses to sell on etsy (soon I hope) and I end up with a lot of scraps. I couldn't keep a birthday hat on pup so I made her a birthday jacket instead. It serves no purpose but it's cute. So there.

I have an unnatural love for animals. I always have. One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband because of his unnatural love for them too. Life is too short not to celebrate a pets birthday. It seems cruel that they come into our lives for such a short time, so I'm going to celebrate every year I get to be blessed by this furry little girl who loves in all circumstances.









3 comments:

  1. yay 1st first birthday!!!!!! such a milestone haha I threw pepper a dog park party. I think we need children...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I know right?? Haha! We were about to go to bed yesterday and we put the pup into her crate and Trevor goes, "I gotta find her blankie and duck so she can sleep!"...It was then that we realized we are ridiculous and need actual children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Mr. Bingley's birthday is this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete